Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] MSSQL to PostgreSQL

> Hi Ray,
>
> I have something that does this. I am currently awaiting project
> approval on pgfoundry.
> It does tables, views, and stored procedures. I have tested it on
> 450,000 lines of mssql code
> including 400 tables and 3700 stored procedures, although it is a work
> in progress.
>
> I applied last week and they said it takes 72 hours. As soon as it is
> approved I can post it.
> (give it a couple days I guess)
>
> Gwyneth

Hi Gwyneth,

sounds very interesting.

We found this -

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_your_data_from_MS_SQL_Server_7_to_PostgreSQL_7.1.x

(for very old version)

- it is surprising that the SQL Enterprise Manager does this... We gave
it a little try today and saw that indeed, there is "PostgreSQL" in
there. But we left to try it tomorrow. Do you know it?

We do not have stored procedures, only tables and views. Would be, in
any case, interested in seeing what you have.

Iv

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: