> Kevin Hunter wrote:
>> 1. Oracle was "first", and has vendor lock-in momentum.
>> 2. Oracle ...speed/performance/concurrency...
>> 3. Oracle has application lock-in as well. ...
>> 4. Oracle is company-backed, so there is ostensibly "someone to blame"..
>> 5. ... individuals ... may prefer it *because* it's expensive...
>> 6. Mucho better advertising to the right people....
>> 7. ...print-version...
> 8. Oracle salespeople will help B2B software companies help sell
> and bid on larger oracle-based products and projects.
> Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (email@example.com)
> To make changes to your subscription:
1. Maybe ...
2. Of course, like others DBMS, but how many people knows how it's
configure? Are you configure ORACLE DBMS? 1000+ strange parameters and
don't tell me that they are well document. The same with Oracle Apps.
3. Are you kidding? Are you work with Oracle AS, ifs, cmsdk etc? I've
never seen so "good", "fast" and "scalable" software.
4. Software "AS IS" - no comment.
5. ? Lets look:
App = Oracle licences + yours work = X (and pay for everything - help,
App = 0 for licences + work = Y,
if X=Y who has more profits?
6. Agree :-((( Oracle marketing is realy the best.
8. As I say in 5. - pay for everything - if you are money everybady
helps you (even I, and if you pay 1.000.000 $ I say Oracle is the
best, like other Oracle experts).