Saturday, May 24, 2008

[pgadmin-support] Unable to set postmaster to accept TCP/IP Connection

Hi,

My name is Jose Esquivel I'm form Costa Rica, I have been using PostgreSQL since my first steps as a system engineer. A few days ago one of the applications I developed stopped working, is a Java stand-alone application that uses the postgresql-8.0-311.jdbc3.jar driver to connect to a PostgreSQL 8.0 database. I installed the DB in a Windows XP in order to function as a server. These are the steps I executed in order to make the postmaster accept TCP/IP connection:

1- Log as the posgresql user.

2- Include the Ips of the computers that are going to connect to the server via TCP/IP in the pg_hba.conf file as follows:

host    all         all         192.168.16.0/24               md5

I used  192.168.16.0/24 because the computers that could ask for connections are: 192.168.16.1, 192.168.16.2, and 192.168.16.3.

3- Set the listen_addresses = '*' in the postgresql.conf

4- Stop the postmaster using the following command:

    pg_ctl -stop -D "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\data"

5- Start the postmaster using the following commad:

    pg_ctl -o -i -D "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\data"

I attached the .conf files in case I missed something. The problem is that these steps used to work but now I have not been able to make it work again, I checked the network and I could ping all of the other computers. Could you  please tell me if I am missing something or what  am I doing wrong?


Thanks a lot for your time.



Yahoo! Deportes Beta
¡No te pierdas lo último sobre el torneo clausura 2008!
Entérate aquí http://deportes.yahoo.com

No comments: