Thursday, May 22, 2008

Re: [NOVICE] How to connect to the database server

Selon Guillaume Yziquel <guillaume.yziquel@bluebottle.com>:

> Harold A. Gim�nez Ch. a �crit :
> > Have you tried loging in with the default user (postgres)?
> >
> > psql -U postgres
> >
> > or, try su'ing as postgres and login in then:
> >
> > su - postgres<enter>
> > psql<enter>


Hello, Harold.

I thank you very much for your answer.

psql -U postgres yields:

> yziquel@seldon:~$ psql -U postgres
> psql: impossible de se connecter au serveur: Permission non accord�e
> Est-ce que le serveur tourne sur l'h�te local
> et accepte des connexions au socket Unix �
/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432 �?

Doing su - postgres and psql yields:

> postgres@seldon:~$ psql
> psql: FATAL: La base de donn�es � postgres � n'existe pas
> postgres@seldon:~$

Seems like I need to know what are the databases inside my cluster...

Thanks again for your help.

Guillaume.


> > On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:14 PM, <guillaume.yziquel@free.fr
> > <mailto:guillaume.yziquel@free.fr>> wrote:
> >
> > Hello list.
> >
> > My problem is the following: I've installed a postgresql server on
> > my debian
> > GNU/linux system. I've not installed for postgresql itself, but
> > rather because I
> > needed a database server for other applications that use the
> > database for
> > storage purposes.
> >
> > Usually, using aptitude is always a pleasure... However, I now have
> > a database
> > server and I do not have any more the credentials to access the
> > database as the
> > database administrator (or perhaps I have them somewhere, but I'm
> > unable to find
> > them again).
> >
> > My question is the following: How can I get to connect directly to
> > the database
> > as the database superuser? Do I need to delete and reinstall my
> > whole database?
> >
> > I've been looking for documentation on this topic, but perhaps in
> > the wrong
> > placem or perhaps in the right but failing to see the light... So if
> > you have a
> > relevant link, I'm dying to hear about it.
> >
> > Guillaume.


--
Sent via pgsql-novice mailing list (pgsql-novice@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-novice

No comments: