Thursday, May 22, 2008

Re: [NOVICE] get id of insert in plpgsql function

Sorry, I found it.
mytable_pkey is not a sequence, it should be mytable_userid_seq.
But still, is there a way to get more clever error reports?


2008/5/22 A B <gentosaker@gmail.com>:
> I think I managed to get it working, but the error reporting is not so good,
>
> Here is the function (I removed some stuff to make it shorter)
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION addB(userid_ integer) RETURNS INTEGER AS $$
> DECLARE
> bibid INTEGER;
> BEGIN
> BEGIN
> INSERT INTO mytable (userid,y) VALUES (userid_,'f') RETURNING
> currval('mytable_pkey') into bibid;
> RETURN bibid;
> EXCEPTION WHEN OTHERS THEN /*Catch all*/
> RETURN 0;
> END;
> END;
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;
>
> Now, I had forgot to add the column 'y' to mytable, and I got the error message
>
> ERROR: syntax error at or near "Resource" at character 1
> STATEMENT: Resource id #23
>
> in the pg_log/logfile
> Is there clever setting to get a better response?
>

--
Sent via pgsql-novice mailing list (pgsql-novice@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-novice

No comments: