Monday, August 11, 2008

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Support for integrated tsearch configuration

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>
> I suppose this is for highlighting the Text Search keywords?

Yes.

> I have a few questions about this. There's a wxString that lists all
> PL/pgsql specific keywords. Should I do the same with Text Search ones?

Yes please.

> Why are the PL/pgsql specific keywords out of the pgadmin/db/keywords.c and
> pgadmin/include/parser/keywords.h files? And why are the EnterpriseDB
> specific keywords in these files and not in a wxString like the PL/pgsql
> ones?

Because they are 'real' keywords as far as Postgres is concerned and
are used for quoting rules. FYI I've written a backend function for
8.4 which should simplify the maintenance of this list (well,
eliminate it in fact) - just need to add support to pgAdmin.

> Here are the FTS keywords I need to add:
> * gettoken, lextypes, headline (FTS Parser)
> * init, lexize (FTS Template)
>
> These FTS keywords are already available:
> * parser (FTS Configuration)
> * template (FTS Dictionary)
> * start, end (FTS Parser)
>
> In the new patch, I'm using another wxString to make it work like the
> PL/pgsql keywords.

Good.

>> - I got a crash when trying to create a config with no tokens.
>>
>> 0 pgAdmin3-Debug 0x00021b63
>> wxArrayString::GetCount() const + 9 (arrstr.h:144)
>> 1 pgAdmin3-Debug 0x000fed06
>> dlgTextSearchConfiguration::GetSql() + 1634
>> (dlgTextSearchConfiguration.cpp:346)
>> 2 pgAdmin3-Debug 0x000cbf7f
>> dlgProperty::OnOK(wxCommandEvent&) + 335 (dlgProperty.cpp:759)
>> ...
>>
>
> Fixed. I did so many tests that I didn't do this obvious one :/

:-) Looks good here.

>> - The Dictionaries textbox is oddly sized on the Tokens tab of the
>> Configuration.
>>
>
> Some explanations on the Dictionaries textbox. I wanted to have a real
> textbox, so that anyone can type what they want in it (moreover, in the
> order they want to have the dictionaries) and so that, if they choose
> something in the combobox, it won't replace the actual content of the
> textbox.

OK. BTW, if you use the combo when there's nothing in the textbox, you
get a leading ','

> So, I shrinked the combobox to the lowest I can, so that users can't see the
> text of the combobox, and I added a textbox before the combo box. I'm not
> sure this is the best way to do it. I'm a bit afraid of some UI issues but I
> didn't see one at the moment. And size seems good to me.
>
> Can you send me a screenshot of your issue? Thanks.

Attached. The top alignment of the button is different fromt he real
combo box above, and the right hand side of it is partially obscured
which makes it look a little odd.

>> - The dialogue boxes default to different sizes. They should all be
>> consistently sized.
>>
>
> Fixed. Unfortunately, now, the default size is also the minimum size.

That's how they usually work.

/D

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com

No comments: