Sunday, July 27, 2008

Re: [PATCHES] pg_dump additional options for performance

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> Agreed but that is a problem I understand with a solution I don't. I
> am all eyes on a way to fix that. One thought I had and please, be
> gentle in response was some sort of async transaction capability. I
> know that libpq has the ability to send async queries. Is it possible
> to do this:
>
> send async(copy table to foo)
> send async(copy table to bar)
> send async(copy table to baz)
>
> Where all three copies are happening in the background?
>
>

IIRC, libpq doesn't let you have more than one async query active at one
time.

cheers

andrew

--
Sent via pgsql-patches mailing list (pgsql-patches@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-patches

No comments: