Sunday, July 27, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] copy ... from stdin csv; and bytea

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Klint Gore <kgore4@une.edu.au> wrote:
> Try just a single \
>
> e.g.
> "ge.xls","application/vnd.ms-excel",71168,"\320\317\021\340\241[snip]

Thanks- I did try that, and it at least gave the expected output from
select, but is there a way to verify that it's actually handling it
correctly rather than simply storing the sequence of characters? I'm
not certain how to check the actual byte width of a column within a
row, and I'd *really* rather not be storing 4 bytes for every 1 in the
binary if I can avoid it- this column is already going to be doubling
field width; quadrupling it would give me space headaches I really
don't want to deal with. :)

--
- David T. Wilson
david.t.wilson@gmail.com

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: