Sunday, July 27, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Problems Restarting PostgreSQL Daemon

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:

> I thought we had established that this issue was caused by the current
> instance pointing at the old installs data directory?

No, that wasn't the problem.

If I use 'postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/data &' the postmaster starts
correctly and everything runs as intended. If I use '/etc/rc.d/rc.postgresql
start' I get error messages about the postmaster already running and an
invalid .pid.

> That should be quite easy to tweak, really ... my current script (slightly
> modified from the one in contrib/startup-scripts) is attached... You may
> need to change the dirs in the script yet a bit.

Thank you. I think that for some reason using pg_ctl to start the
postmaster is no longer working here. As I have time, I'll look into why.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | Integrity Credibility
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Innovation
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com> Voice: 503-667-4517 Fax: 503-667-8863

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: