Friday, July 25, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Uncopied parameters on CREATE TABLE LIKE

Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 11:41 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Now, if you're suggesting we need a plugin hook somewhere in or around
> > default_reloptions, that's possibly reasonable; but a GUC like you're
> > suggesting seems quite pointless.
>
> OK, I'll have a look, or perhaps Itagaki?

Yes, I agree, too. But my proposal is independent from such hooks :-)
I just suggested to copy reloptions as-is on CREATE TABLE LIKE.

I guess the first applicaitons using the extended reloptions are
user defined access methods for GiST and GIN. If those access methods
can receive reloptions, they can support their own parameters.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: