Sunday, June 15, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] psql: \edit-function

At 2008-06-15 23:35:34 -0400, tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:
>
> There's been a lot of talk (but no action) about refactoring pg_dump
> into a library plus wrapper.

Yes. After having tried to do what would have amounted to just a small
part of that work, I can see why nobody has done it yet.

> I'd much rather see that tackled in a holistic fashion.

I'd much rather see someone *else* tackle it in a holistic fashion ;),
but since I don't like the other alternatives (pg_dump --function and
pg_get_functiondef), I suppose I'd better get to work.

> PS: two trivial stylistic gripes:

Thanks, noted.

-- ams

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: