Sunday, June 15, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] pltcl broken on tcl8.5 ?

Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>
>> Buildfarm bobcat is broken running the pltcl regression tests - see
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=bobcat&dt=2008-06-15%2022:43:01
>> and I have reproduced this on Fedora 9 myself. This distro has Tcl 8.5.1.
>>
>
> I missed 8.5.1, but I can say that pltcl passes its regression test
> with both 8.5.0 and 8.5.2 on HPUX. However, that's with a
> non-thread-enabled tcl, which might be relevant.
>
> I've had problems in the past with pltcl on multilib Fedora ... are
> you by any chance using x86_64, and if so do you have tcldevel.i386
> installed as well? I've found that we tend to pick the "wrong" tcl
> if given a choice. Although I think the symptom there tends to be
> build failure not just a couple of weird test discrepancies.
>
>
>

No. I have a pure i386 environment (in a VM).

I'll dig a bit more tomorrow.

cheers

andrew

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: