Sunday, June 15, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] pltcl broken on tcl8.5 ?

Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> Buildfarm bobcat is broken running the pltcl regression tests - see
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=bobcat&dt=2008-06-15%2022:43:01
> and I have reproduced this on Fedora 9 myself. This distro has Tcl 8.5.1.

I missed 8.5.1, but I can say that pltcl passes its regression test
with both 8.5.0 and 8.5.2 on HPUX. However, that's with a
non-thread-enabled tcl, which might be relevant.

I've had problems in the past with pltcl on multilib Fedora ... are
you by any chance using x86_64, and if so do you have tcldevel.i386
installed as well? I've found that we tend to pick the "wrong" tcl
if given a choice. Although I think the symptom there tends to be
build failure not just a couple of weird test discrepancies.

regards, tom lane

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: