Friday, June 6, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Overhauling GUCS

Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
>
>> I personally wouldn't even think about starting such a wizard, unless I have an
>> idea how to push the result into the database. No, not a file, but via SQL! So
>> your statement you won't react unless a wizard is almost ready is prohibitive,
>> apart from the fact that not only wizards (featuring AI) are interesting, but
>> simple config tools as well.
>
> Well there's a perfectly good place to start today. Dump out a config file

I think I made my point very clear when stating "not a file, but via
SQL". Though I'm not a native English speaker, and I'm sure you
understood. I must assume you're polluting this thread deliberately in
order to sabotage the original intention of this thread. I find this
disgusting.

Ok, trying to contribute gui tools for pgsql is for masochists. We have
vi, sed and grep, no more tools required, right?

Regards,
Andreas

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: