Sunday, May 18, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql service stops every few minutes on Vista Biz

alisazegar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having difficulties with Postgres lately. Postgres service for (pgsql
> 8.2 )kept stopping every few minutes.
> Then I read a note somewhere saying that there is a bug in 8.2 which causing
> the problem.
> I switched to 8.3 and have the same problem.

It's running happily on my Vista Business laptop. Well, as happily as
anything runs on Windows ;-)

> What I found so far is that the last event before stopping is "loaded
> library LOG: loaded library "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll" which I
> see it in windows logs (events) for applications.

That's normal and appears in my logs as well.

Try having a look at the logs in the database directory. By default,
that'll be:

%PROGRAMFILES%\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log

If you don't see anything useful, consider increasing the log level by
editing postgresql.conf and changing log_min_messages from:

#log_min_messages = notice

to

log_min_messages = debug1

Also, check to see if all postgresql processes are terminating or
whether it's just the master.

--
Craig Ringer

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: