Sunday, May 18, 2008

[HACKERS] ignore $PostgreSQL lines in regression tests?

Recently while adding $PostgreSQL markers to a bunch of .c and .h files
I ran into trouble with the ecpg regression tests and had to revert the
change for a handful of files. However, it occurred to me that we could
have pg_regress tell diff to ignore such lines, by passing it the
arguments "-I '\$PostgreSQL:' ", which would tell it to ignore
additions or deletions of lines matching that regex.

That would probably also allow us to add such markers as comments in
results files, which mightn't be a bad thing either.

I'm a bit unsure how portable this is, though. Linux, Windows and OSX
should be ok, but they are the only OSs I run so I don't know about others.

Would this be a good thing to do?

cheers

andrew

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: