Sunday, September 7, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Noisy CVS updates

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 03:39:39 -0400
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> > > ...etc. Would it be OK if I went in and added .cvsignore files to keep
> > > the noise level down?
> >
> > Uh, no, at least not before you've explained why you get those messages
> > and others don't.
>
> I didn't know that I am the only one. Am I?

Lots of other people do get them -- they are visible in the patches they
send. Since I use a VPATH build, which puts all those files in a
separate directory, I get (almost?) no noise even though I don't bother
with "make distclean" most of the time.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: