Sunday, September 7, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Noisy CVS updates

"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> (Personally, I never do "cvs update" without "make distclean" first;
>> there are too many other ways to get screwed by updating a live build
>> tree.)

> I assume that you are talking about conflicts. In fact, that's one of
> the main reasons for wanting a quiet update so that I can catch those
> right away when I am working on some files. I do an automatic update
> daily to keep current with the head. I don't do a "make distclean"
> first because I may be working on something and I want to keep the
> changes in the tree to try stuff and report patches against HEAD.

Huh? distclean does not remove any source-code changes, only derived
files.

regards, tom lane

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: