Thursday, September 4, 2008

[HACKERS] Debugging methods

Hello,

I am a beginner to Postgres and I am going through code. I would like
to know the debugging methods used in development.

Some of my requirements are; for a given query, how parse structures
are created in pg_parse_query, how they are analyzed and rewritten in
pg_analyze_and_rewrite and how the final plan is created in
pg_plan_queries. I will go through code but I would like to know any
debugging methods available to understand what happens for a given
query.

I have searched in the net and I am unable to find them. Sorry if it
is available somewhere and I am asking again.

Thanks,
Srinivas

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: