Thursday, July 3, 2008

[GENERAL] xml and postgresql

Hi folks,

             I need to load xml data in to database can you tell me they way how do I import xml data into postgresql database.

lets dat this is the xml file

<bookstore>
<book category="CHILDREN">
<title>Harry Potter</title>
<author>J K. Rowling</author>
<year>2005</year>
<price>29.99</price>
</book>
<book category="WEB">
<title>Learning XML</title>
<author>Erik T. Ray</author>
<year>2003</year>
<price>39.95</price>
</book>
</bookstore>

so finally the table name should be bookstore and column names are category,title,
author,year,price and all the information in the xml file should be ported to the table
can you please tell me how to do this its a bit confusing to me as i am just a beginner to
this.

Thanks in advance,
Aravind.



No comments: