Saturday, June 7, 2008

Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 1.8.x hangs while tries to load XRC resources

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Antonello Biancalana
<promindsd@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a problem in getting pgAdmin3 working since the 1.8.x series.
> I usually build pgAdmin from source (however also the binary releases give
> me the same problem) and whenever I try to run pgAdmin it shows the splash
> screen and then it always hangs. After having traced the exact point of
> hanging, I noticed it always hangs at file pgadmin/ui/xrcDialogs.cpp line
> 13760 (1.8.4 version) at the point of the first wxXmlResource::Get()->Load
> call.
> I also tried to disable EMBED_XRC define and to copy all the XRC files to
> [uiPath] with no success. I am currently using wxGTK 2.8.7 and all the other
> requirements (in particular libxml2, ver. 2.6.32) seem to be right. By the
> way: I am using Linux (Fedora 9). No problem if I use pgAdmin 1.6.3: it
> complies and runs smoothly and with no problem. I am having this problem
> since the release of pgAdmin 1.8.0
> Do you have any idea of what the problem can be?

Not offhand. Does the wxWidgets XRC sample work?


--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com

--
Sent via pgadmin-support mailing list (pgadmin-support@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support

No comments: