Monday, June 16, 2008

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Dialogs review

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>
>> I'm thinking about doing a complete review of our dialogs. During my work on
>> the comment tab, I found many dialogs not using spacers and sizers. So, I
>> would like to add them and, if at all possible, make dialogs growable. Of
>> course, I'll wait the comment patch is applied before working on this.
>
> OK. One thought I had - XRCed doesn't do a great job as we already
> know. If you're going to review the dialogues to this level, please
> consider other tools such as DialogBlocks - they may do a far better
> job of automating the process, and have a distinct style in the way
> they handle layout (preferring one sizer type over another for
> example). Let's take the opportunity to review the tools and pick
> something that will make this nice and easy in the future.
>

I downloaded it. I'll try to work with it on one dialog and see how it goes.

> Oh, and just so you know, some of the tools out there are not Open
> Source. pgAdmin is not a political project, and I wouldn't want us to
> discount something that may be a great tool purely because it's not
> OSS. Obviously if it costs money, then that is an issue.
>

It costs 56 €.

>> There's a question left to me. Should I do a complete review and send a
>> complete patch, or should I send one patch for each dialog? A complete patch
>> will be really hard to review. Having one patch for each dialog will be
>> simple to review but the number of patches needed will be a major burden.
>
> Incremental patching is fine. It's easier for everyone in the long run.
>

Yeah, that's what I think.


--
Guillaume.

http://www.postgresqlfr.org

http://dalibo.com

--
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list (pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

No comments: