Sunday, June 22, 2008

Re: [BUGS] Abnormal termination of PostgreSQL

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 02:17:47PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm ... interesting but not conclusive. The most likely explanation
> for this is corrupt data on-disk, but how it got that way is unclear.
> Can you reproduce the problem if you import the same data into a new
> table?

Arrg! Looks like the first load was corrupted as you suspected.. When I
tried it a second time, it seems to have worked just fine.

Well, at least I learned how to use GDB, so the time spent wasn't a total
waste. I noticed searching through Google for postgres error messages like
the one I had that one of the main things you have to teach people is how
to use GDB. ;-)

Thanks, Tom! I really appreciate your help.

- Bill Thoen

--
Sent via pgsql-bugs mailing list (pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-bugs

No comments: