Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Re: [pgadmin-support] Support Request: Database connection from the command line

Kevin O'Neill has pointed me in the right direction with just using pgsql. I've got it working now. Thank you all for your help.

Stuart

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Stuart Gundry
<stuart.gundry@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This feels like I'm spamming you and if I've misread how I'm meant to
> request help then I'm sorry for any inconvience.

Nope, this is perfectly fine.

> My problem is that I want to connect to a local database using the
> commandline. I've tried 'starting service' but I still can't access my
> database unless I go in to the pgadmin application and click on the database
> (It has a little red cross next to it until I do). Is there a way of getting
> around this?

What command line options have you tried exactly? They're documented
at http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.8/commandline.html

I'm not clear what you mean by 'starting service'


--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com

No comments: