Thursday, May 15, 2008

[GENERAL] problem with serial data type and access

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFILECusbKx4ZV8clIRAs5cAJ0TQi3mYx2xkjSH9tJXH2OXETF4fwCfeHxr
CCI2m+0r2lf4KWtlRhiLVrM=
=1fIy
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
I know it's not fully IT with the list, but maybe somebody can help me.

I'm dealing with this scenario: access 97 is connected through odbc to a
postgresql server. All tables are saved in postgresql and access is used
only to generated the program interface.

Everything works fines, but I'm having problems with the serial data
type. I know a serial is an integer having as default the next value of
a sequence. Since it is an integer, access does not recognize it as an
autoincrement value, and it asks for is value.

Did anyone of you already have this problem?

Thanks...

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.

No comments: