Thursday, May 15, 2008

[BUGS] problem in installing pgsql-8.3.1

Dear sir/madam,

This is to inform you that I am an oracle database user/administrator. But I am going to join in a company where I have to administrate postgresql database. I am new to this database system.  For few days I am trying to install postgresql-8.3.1 in RHEL4. My machine configuration is Intel Pentium IV. I have followed the installation document of postgresql that was included with source distribution.

I am facing the problem during the building step of source. The problem is that when I start building with gmake command, it continuously shows messages in console like 'checking for …………. yes / no' and I have waited approximately for 3 hours but it continues.  At last I have cancelled the building process.

Please give me your appropriate and valuable solution in this regard. I am eagerly looking forward for your quick reply.

Thanks in advance:
---------------------------
Hopeless
Shohorab

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

--
Sent via pgsql-bugs mailing list (pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-bugs

No comments: