Friday, September 19, 2008

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgadmin and cmake

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Magnus Hagander a écrit :
>> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>> Magnus Hagander a écrit :
>>>> [...]
>>>> A super-quick primer to get going. First of all, cmake "prefers"
>>>> building outside the source directory, so here's a typical way to do it
>>>> (assuming your pgadmin directory is "pgadmin3"):
>>>>
>>>> mkdir ../pgadmin3-build
>>>> cd ../pgadmin3-build
>>>> cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/tmp/pgadmin_test_install ../pgadmin3
>>>> make
>>>>
>>> I tried the cmake command on a Kubuntu 8.04 (the one I also use for
>>> pgAdmin's development). I had a few error messages (see the attached
>>> file). I don't really know what this all means. Perhaps you do know ?
>>>
>> Strange. I had "svn add":ed the directory "cmake", but it didn't get
>> included in the commit. "svn commit" would do not commit it. "svn add"
>> said it was already added...
>>
>> I removed the whole thing and re-committed, please try again.
>>
>
> I had an issue, wx being not available. My wx build is in /opt/wx-2.8. I
> use the --with-wx option with configure. Is there a same switch with cmake ?

Nope.

Hmm, not entirely sure since that find wx module is from Dave ;-). But I
think you can either:

1) Add the directory of wx-config to your PATH before you run it
2) I think you can try to add -DCMAKE_PROGRAM_PATH=/opt/wx-2.8/bin (or
wherever wx-config is) to the commandline


//Magnus

--
Sent via pgadmin-hackers mailing list (pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers

No comments: