Tuesday, September 2, 2008

[pgsql-www] categorizing mailing lists

Selena Deckelmann escribió:
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> > The previous version was using the Description field (or a transcription
> > thereof), but for all other lists it can be a long text.
> >
> > Should we add a "short description" column to the database?
>
> Please.

Okay, so I had a look at this and this is my conclusion: pgus-general
and pgeu-general are in the wrong category. I was just talking to
Stefan:

(10:27:05) alvherre@pg: so here's what I want to do
(10:27:10) alvherre@pg: I need a new column in the lists table
(10:27:13) alvherre@pg: which is a short description
(10:27:21) alvherre@pg: that text is what I would put in the left-side menu
(10:27:40) alvherre@pg: it is pretty obvious that in "user groups" I can just name the geographical region
(10:27:48) alvherre@pg: and in regional lists, I can name the language
(10:27:59) alvherre@pg: but I cannot do sh*t about pgus and pgeu :-(
(10:28:13) alvherre@pg: maybe we should create another category for those??

What do people think about creating a new category (list group) and
sticking pgus-general and pgeu-general on it? What should that category
be named?

Also, I take it nobody objects to the "short description" thing.

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
PostgreSQL Replication, Consulting, Custom Development, 24x7 support

--
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list (pgsql-www@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

No comments: