Thursday, August 7, 2008

Re: [PERFORM] Plz Heeeelp! performance settings

Tx for your reply.

You mean that RAID use fsync method for keeping data's copy.

So you invite me to desactivate fsync to increase the performance ?

Desactivating fsync. my second disk will not be uptodate, so if the
machine crash, I wont be able to get the server working quickly??? But
if I use a second machine to replicate the database, I escape this
problem isn't it ?

If I understand right, could you tell me how to do desactivate fsync
please ?

Best regards

David

Merlin Moncure a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 6:12 PM, dforum <dforums@vieonet.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello to all,
>>
>>
>> I have a Linux 2.6.24.2-xxxx-std-ipv4-64 #3 SMP Tue Feb 12 12:27:47 CET 2008
>> x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5355 @ 2.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
>> with 8Gb of memory. Using sata II disk in RAID 1 (I known that is bad, but
>>
> <snip>
>
> this is likely your problem...with fsync on (as you have it), you will
> be lucky to get a couple of hundred transactions/sec out of the
> database. you are probably just exceeding your operational
> capabilities of the hardware so you probably need to upgrade or turn
> off fsync (which means data corruption in event of hard crash).
>
> merlin
>
>


--
Sent via pgsql-performance mailing list (pgsql-performance@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-performance

No comments: