Thursday, August 7, 2008

[ADMIN] Problems with connection

Hi to all!

I have following systems:
1. Local machine with Windows XP SP2 and PostgreSQL 8.2 - test system.
2. Work server in local network (FreeBSD + PostgreSQL 8.2) - work
system.

I write client with Delphi 7 IDE and use Zeos Lib 6.6.2
(http://zeos.firmos.at/) for database access.

When I tried to connect to server I recieve error message: "SQL Error:
fe_sendauth: authentication type 5 not supported."
After searching in internet I found solution: set authentication
method "password" instead of "md5".
In file pg_hba.conf on local machine I wrote:

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 password

and on server:
# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD
host all all 192.168.3.0/24 password

My IP-address in local network is 192.168.3.16...

After that I can to connect to test PostgreSQL server on localhost,
and connection works fine, but attempt to connect to work server finishes by
same error message "SQL Error: fe_sendauth: authentication type 5 not
supported."

I tried to place string in pg_hba.conf on first and last positions,
wrote names of databases and users instead of "all" but it doesn't
work.

As I understand, my main problem is to force PostgreSQL server allow
me to connect with password authentication method, isn't it? And how I
can do that?

P. S. Sorry for poor english...


--
Sent via pgsql-admin mailing list (pgsql-admin@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-admin

No comments: