Sunday, August 3, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Parsing of pg_hba.conf and authentication inconsistencies

* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> Stephen Frost wrote:
> > A little extra code in the backend is well worth fixing this foot-gun.
> > The concerns raised so far have been "who will write it?" and "what if
> > it has bugs?". Neither of these are particularly compelling arguments
> > when you've already offered to write and bug-test it (right, Magnus? :).
>
> Toms main argument has been that it would move the code *from* the
> backend and into the *postmaster*, which is much more sensitive.

erm, yes, sorry I wasn't being clear. Brain moving faster than fingers
sometimes. :)

> And yes, I've offered to write the code. I take this as an offer from
> you to bug-test it :-)

Indeed, as long as I'm bug-testing the Kerberos mappings at the same
time... ;) Seriously though, I'd be happy to review and test the code.

Thanks,

Stephen

No comments: