Monday, August 4, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Mini improvement: statement_cost_limit

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 22:57 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

> I still think it is worth revisiting what problems people are trying
> to solve, and see if there are better tools they can be given to solve
> them. Barring that, I suppose a crude solution is better than
> nothing, though I fear people might point at the crude solution as a
> good enough solution to justify not working on better solutions.

I advocate solutions to the problems of users I've worked with.

My preference is to help people in the next release, then improve from
there. We need to work with what we have.

In this case, an existing solution has been found.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support


--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: