Monday, August 4, 2008

[GENERAL] Fwd: Returning Cursor

Hello,

I am a developer working on postgres. I just wrote a function which ll return a refcurosor as shown below.



CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION reffunc(refcursor)
  RETURNS refcursor AS
$BODY$
BEGIN
    OPEN $1 FOR SELECT * FROM SAM1;
    RETURN $1;
END;
$BODY$
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE
  COST 100;


i have problems accessing this function from my middle tier i.e VC++.

I wrote a VC statement to retrieve values from this refcursor using a record set. I cant access any of the values that the select statement in the function should retrieve.When we executed the above function from VC we only got the cursor name. We've been trying to access the values for the past one week.  Can you please help me by sending me a sample code as to how to get the values in a recordset using this refcursor. Please do reply. This is very urgent.

Thanks and regards
Ravi Kiran L

No comments: