Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Location for pgstat.stat

Tom Lane wrote:
> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>> Attached is a patch that implements this. I went with the option of just
>> storing it in a temporary directory that can be symlinked, and not
>> bothering with a GUC for it. Comments? (documentation updates are also
>> needed, but I'll wait with those until I hear patch comments :-P)
>
> Looks alright in a fast once-over (I didn't test it).

That's what I was after. I tested it myself, obviously :-) Not promising
zero bugs, but I was looking for the comment on the approach. So thanks!


> Two comments:
> Treating the directory as something to create in initdb means you'll
> need to bump catversion when you apply it.

Yeah, i meant to do that as part of the commit. But thanks for the
reminder anyway!

> I'm not sure where you are
> planning to document, but there should at least be a mention in the
> "database physical layout" chapter, since that's supposed to enumerate
> all the subdirectories of $PGDATA.

I'm putting it under "configuring the statistics collector". And I'll
add a directory in that section - had missed that.

//Magnus

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: