Saturday, July 19, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Initdb problem on debian mips cobalt: Bus error

> From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>

> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Glyn Astill writes:
> >> No. Will recompile with debug info and post back when done.
> >
> > FWIW, the most likely issue here is the MIPS-specific assembly code in
> > src/include/storage/s_lock.h --- I'm not sure how many MIPS platforms
> > that's really been exercised on, but it may not work on yours. While
> > you're waiting for the rebuild you might try to find a MIPS guru to
> > show that code to.
>
> hmm well - lionfish (which is now offline due to a broken power supply)
> is actually a cobalt cube too (and is running debian). So if we really
> managed to break mipsel it must have happened in the last few months:
>
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=lionfish&br=HEAD
>
>
> Stefandumb here

Hmm, well I've still not ruled out the possibility that I've done something stupid yet. Also I see that lionfish is running sarge, and I'm running etch.

Once I get time to recompile I'll try and find out a little more.

Would the mips specific code behave differently on different oses? My other qube is running netbsd4, I'd be interested to see what goes off on that, however I'ts my live email/web/everything server and I didn't want to upset it.


__________________________________________________________
Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: