Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Drop Index and Create Index

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Giovanni Nervi
<giovanni.nervi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like recreate all indexes on a database, the command reindex
> is exclusive lock on table so I prefer the method drop index and
> create index. Is there a script for extract the command for the create
> index? I see pg_dump but it extract all object definitions. I see the
> source of pgAdmin for extract the definition of index, so before to
> begin to develop of a shell script for extract the definition of all
> indexes, I ask to you if this script already exist.

start with "select * from pg_indexes" and go from there.

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: