Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Re: [torontopug] Rolling the ball

Sounds good. The last thing to decide is start time. For me, 7:00 is about the earliest I can manage. 7:30 would be ideal. If you guys want to start earlier, I can simply show up late! :)

Once that's decided, I'll start spreading the word to people I know!

-Jonathan



-----Original Message-----
From: "Ian Bailey" <ian@hardcircle.net>

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:09:29
To:torontopug@postgresql.org
Cc:"Jonathan Fuerth" <jonathan@fuerth.ca>,"Steve Singer" <ssinger_pg@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [torontopug] Rolling the ball


Sorry guys, I've been meaning to send out the e-mails, I've just been
caught up with a few things this week.

I've called the Rhino already, and they are find with having us on the
23rd. I told them we'd be about 10 people, but they said we can call
them the Friday before the weekend if we have crazy turnout, and they
can even ask extra servers to come in.

I've given a bit of thought about the venue, and I think the Rhino may
be a better venue for socialization and light discussion, as it is
quite a large place, whereas the Linux Caffe is more conducive to more
in-depth discussion, as it's a bit quieter. To get a bit more turn-out
initially, I'm favouring the Rhino. Plus, it's on the Queen streetcar
line, which makes it a bit more accessible for downtown people. I'm
not feeling any strong opposition to the Rhino, but let me know if
either of you have strong objections.

I have an account on pugs, but if either of you have an account as
well, I have the ability to include all of our posts on the TorontoPUG
page. I'm writing up a post as we speak, to publish as soon as we
agree on the location.

~Ian

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Steve Singer <ssinger_pg@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Jonathan Fuerth wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> It's been a bit quiet on the list lately, so I'm just trying to get the
>> ball rolling again.
>>
>> Since the decision to meet on the 4th Monday of each month has some
>> research behind it, and there haven't been any objections, I propose we
>> adopt that meeting date and resolve to have our first meeting this month
>> (June 23).
>
> +1 to having a meeting on the 23rd.
>
>>
>> As for where, I think all of the options we've heard so far are great. If
>> I had to narrow down my vote to 2 choices, I would choose The Rhino (because
>> it was Ian's first suggestion) and the Linux Cafe (because it's been
>> suggested several times). If I were forced to narrow it down further, I'd
>> just call both places and see which can accommodate a group on June 23. :)
>
> I'm of a similar view? If anyone (Ian?) has strong feelings for one or the
> other they should feel free to volunteer to call their preferred spot.
>
> Also, does someone have access to post events on the
> pubs.postgres.org/torontopug blog?
>
>
>
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> -Jonathan

--
Sent via torontopug mailing list (torontopug@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:

http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/torontopug

--
Sent via torontopug mailing list (torontopug@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/torontopug

No comments: