Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] .psqlrc output for \pset commands

"Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:

> In my .psqlrc I have:
>
> \pset format wrapped
>
> and this outputs this on psql startup:
>
> $ psql test
> --> Output format is wrapped.
> psql (8.4devel)
> Type "help" for help.
>
> Is this desirable? \set QUIET at the top of .psqlrc fixes it, but I am
> wondering if we should be automatically doing quiet while .psqlrc is
> processed.

I was wondering about this myself, but I'm still not used to the new banner.
It seems kind of... curt. Perhaps it should just be a single line instead of
two lines both around 20 characters...

Anyways the thing that struck me as odd was the messages appearing *before*
the header. It seems to me the header should print followed by .psqlrc output
followed by normal output.

--
Gregory Stark
EnterpriseDB

http://www.enterprisedb.com

Ask me about EnterpriseDB's Slony Replication support!

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: