Monday, June 2, 2008

Re: [pgsql-www] RFC: Product directory

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 16:46 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> > I have to go with fetter here. Pricing is not our concern.
>
> I actually feel quite strongly about that one - it's not *our*
> concern, but it is the concern of the users. There's nothing worse
> than researching a product, and eventually finding out after trawling
> the website for half an hour that it's way too expensive. As an
> end-user I always wanted to see a ballpark figure up front.

And who is going to make sure the pricing is up to date? (hint: no one
will)


> > Yeah I mentioned this in my previous post. Publisher really needs to be
> > pushed out. There is entirely too much redundant information that can be
> > accumulated.
>
> OK so the difficulty here/previously is that you are essentially
> saying I need to write a publisher management system and a product
> management system, and update sponsors, news, events, services etc to
> use that data as well. Nice in theory, but not something I have time
> to do.

But I am sure you have time to create a secondary table and the code for
it. I am not asking you to create all the code for sponsors, news,
events. I am asking you to use a reusable design so others can create
code for those services.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>


--
Sent via pgsql-www mailing list (pgsql-www@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-www

No comments: