Saturday, May 10, 2008

Re: [PATCHES] [NOVICE] encoding problems

On Fri, 9 May 2008 08:38:01 -0400
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Bruce Momjian escribió:
> > Guillaume Smet wrote:
> > > On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
> > > wrote:
>
> > > As I mentioned it before, is there any chance for this fix to be
> > > backported to 8.3 branch? IMHO it's a usability regression.
> >
> > No, we don't change behaviors in back branches unless we get lots of
> > complaints, and we haven't in this case.
>
> complaints++
>

I suppose this a "Me Too" post, but Bruce Momjian invites it. You
folks take this to a level way beyond me, but I can tell you that the
idea of using spaces instead of the terminal hard tabs would solve my
problem -- I'd prefer _any_ choice of whitespace over seeing "\x09" on
the terminal.

--

Cliff Nieuwenhuis

"As long as the error messages keep changing we're making progress."

--
Sent via pgsql-patches mailing list (pgsql-patches@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-patches

No comments: