Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Re: [NOVICE] Dump/Restore compatibility

--- On Wed, 9/10/08, Steve T <steve@retsol.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone here know about this or should I post this on
> another list?
>
>
> On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 08:57 +0100, Steve T wrote:
>
> > I am building a new server that is running PostgreSQL
> 8.1.11 under
> > RHEL5. My current 'live' server is PostgreSQL
> 8.0.3 under FC4 with an
> > FC4 8.0.3 backup server.
> > What I want to do is to swap the RHEL5 (ie 8.1.11) in
> as the live and
> > demote the live to backup and the backup to
> 'spare'. Currently, the
> > live databases are dumped and restored onto the backup
> box. Can I do
> > the same across the releases - ie dump the 8.1.11 and
> restore that
> > dump on 8.0.3?
> >

I can't say for sure but I also can't believe that you could restore an 8.1 dump on an 8.0 database.

Bruce


--
Sent via pgsql-novice mailing list (pgsql-novice@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-novice

No comments: