Friday, September 12, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Parsing of pg_hba.conf and authentication inconsistencies

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 06:53:55 +1000
"Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Josh has assigned your patch to me for an initial review.

And me.

> First up I'd like to say that this is a really nice upgrade.
> Shielding a running server from reloading a bogus conf file makes a
> whole lot of sense.

Yes.

> The patch applied cleanly to HEAD, compiled fine on amd64 gentoo and

I had a small problem compiling. I'm not sure why it would be
different for me. I run NetBSD -current. Here is the error:

../../../src/include/libpq/hba.h:51: error: field 'addr' has incomplete
type

I was able to fix this by adding the following line to hba.h:

#include "libpq/pqcomm.h" /* needed for struct sockaddr_storage */

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net> | Democracy is three wolves
http://www.druid.net/darcy/ | and a sheep voting on
+1 416 425 1212 (DoD#0082) (eNTP) | what's for dinner.

--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: