Monday, September 1, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] refcursor

mike stanton escribió:
>
> Hello all,
> I've got a problem I can't get round. I want to declare a refcursor variable in a C program and call a function which returns a refcursor portal to the main C program.
> When I compile the C program, I get a refcursor doesn´t exist message.
> Has anyone got a C program which uses a refcursor variable?

Make sure the C program opens a transaction before calling the function,
otherwise the cursor is automatically closed as soon as the function ends.

--
Alvaro Herrera Valdivia, Chile Geotag: -39,815 -73,257
"Ah, spring... when a young penguin's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of ...
Beta testing!" (Fedora 9 beta announcement)

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: