Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] [ADMIN] 8.3.4 rpms for Opensuse10.3 64bit

Dave Page wrote:
> 2008/9/23 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:
>> Gerd König wrote:
>>> a few months ago we started using Postgres on Opensuse10.3-64bit.
>>> We installed Postgres 8.3.1 with the (at that time) latest available
>>> rpm's.
>>> But now Postgres' current version is 8.3.4 and I'm wondering why there
>>> are no new rpm's for Opensuse ?!?!
>> The answer is quite simply that no one is volunteering to do the work.
>
> Oh, I thought you were looking after that build. If it's not being
> maintained, we'll need to remove it from the download pages unless
> someone else can volunteer?

I am looking after it, but I cannot guarantee real-time releases with
the resources available to me. Certainly, one or two more people
joining the looking after would be welcome. I did some work recently to
put all the pieces in place, so at this time we basically only need to
replace the tarballs and release once in a while.


--
Sent via pgsql-admin mailing list (pgsql-admin@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-admin

No comments: