Sunday, September 28, 2008

[NOVICE] absolute novice wanting knowledgeable opinion about front end

I created a few rather involved databases in msaccess along with saved queries,
reports and forms.

However, because of the intuitiveness of msaccess, I have secretaries who have
figured out how to create forms and reports as well and found Access's gui easy
to use. And I found their Basic quick and easy as well to help make more
involved forms.

I decided to look at mysql and postgresql, postgresql gives me more confidence
of utilizing my databases since I did fairly well normalizing its relational
structure.

How would I enable my secretaries to keep creating and modifying forms and
reports if I switch to an open source DB.

Is there anything out there that can match msaccess power in this graphical
highlevel programming ability.

Or should I look at mysql.

--
Phil


--
Sent via pgsql-novice mailing list (pgsql-novice@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-novice

No comments: