Friday, August 15, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] XML / XSL rendering in PostgreSQL server?

Hi,

Peter Sampson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use one of the XML rendering functions like
> table_to_xml_and_xmlschema OR table_to_xml and render the output via
> XSL, preferably in one query.

What do you think would be the benefit of doing that?

> I've searched the mailing lists,site, docs and Google -- to no avail.
> Also, I see that xslt_process (from xml2) will be deprecated going
> forward. We're building an app that will be used for a long time into
> the future, and I'd like to keep it future-compatible.
>
> I've also searched online for sql / xml docs or tutorials, but haven't
> found any that directly addresses using xsl in queries itself.

You could try with one of the pl/*u languages.

Regards
Tino

No comments: