Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Easy upgrade on Cpanel *without* downtime

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 5:39 AM, Phoenix Kiula <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You need to download Slony 1.2.14, which supports both 8.2 and 8.3.
>> You'll find it under Quick downloads.
>>
>
>
>
> Ok done. Slony is installed. Now what? How should I install a new
> database which is 8.3.3?

Which OS are you running? How was 8.2 installed?

> I was also told that the postgresql.conf settings across 8.2 and 8.3
> are different so I cannot (or should not) use the same old
> postgresql.conf for the new database install. Is this true? Where can
> I find the instructions? I read this lengthy document --
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release-8-3.html -- but it
> is not clear which variables I need to change.

Well, look at the entries that aren't commented out in your 8.2 and
make the same changes in your 8.3 postgresql.conf

I just want to point out that the reason there aren't a lot of step by
step guides on this is that it's a complex subject. There are many
different OSes and several ways you could have installed postgresql,
and step by step instructions for RHEL4 may not be the same as for
Ubuntu 8.04 etc...

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: