Sunday, July 13, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3

On Jul 13, 2008, at 10:19, Tom Lane wrote:

> "David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>> On Jul 12, 2008, at 12:17, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> * You should provide binary I/O (send/receive) functions, if you
>>> want
>>> this to be an industrial-strength module. It's easy since you can
>>> piggyback on text's.
>
>> I'm confused. Is that not what the citextin and citextout functions
>> are?
>
> No, those are text I/O. You need analogues of textsend and textrecv
> too.

Okay.

>> Thanks. Added to my list.
>
> BTW, actually a better idea would be to put citext.sql at the front of
> the list and just run the whole main regression series with it
> present.
> typ_sanity and oidjoins might possibly find issues too.

Also added to my list. :-)

> Some (not all) of your CREATE OPERATOR commands have things like
>
> NEGATOR = OPERATOR(!~),
>
> which seems unnecessary, and is certainly inconsistent.

Oh, I hadn't even noticed those; I'd just copied them from citext 1.
Fixed!

Best,

David


--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: