Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Re: [HACKERS] Location for pgstat.stat

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> Not sure. I guess my own personal concern would be how badly is
>> autovacuum affected by having to start off a blank set of stats? Any
>> other uses I have I think are capable of dealing with reset-to-zero states.
>
> Well, it doesn't :-) No database or table will be processed until stat
> entries are created, and then I think it will first wait until enough
> activity gathers to take any actions at all.

That's not actualliy not affected, but it does seem like it wouldn't be
a very big issue. If one table was just about to be vacuumed or
analyzed, this would just push it up to twice the threshold, right?

//Magnus


--
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers

No comments: