Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Re: [GENERAL] Memory use in 8.3 plpgsql with heavy use of xpath()

> Ugh. Sounds like "small memory leak inside libxml2" --- probably not
> going to be easy to find. Can you put together a self-contained test
> case?

OK, I'll try to come up with something. Do you have a recommended way of
capturing the amount memory being used by Postgres related to this? I was
thinking I would have a plpgsql function that loops a large number of
times, calling a few xpath() calls, and could take a memory snapshot
before/after the function completes. Is there a call within Postgres I can
make, or should I just rely on OS-level tools for this?

-- m@

--
Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

No comments: